Topic: Edo Tensei Pakura (S) [N-A Character Rework] [By Kito]

Members viewing this topic: 1 guests

[Image: Pakurarework.png]
[size=medium]Behind the scenes video of this character's creation[/size]

[Image: FEEDBACK.png]
I personally love Pakura’s character on Wespro’s. But compared to yours, you definitely made her more versatile than ever.

My only complaint would be the number of conjured orbs. Their chakra cost should increase to the amount produced.

Orb Conjuration (2) - 1 Random
(3) - 2 Random
(4) - 3 Random
(December 13, 2020. 09:54)Byakuya
I personally love Pakura’s character on Wespro’s. But compared to yours, you definitely made her more versatile than ever.

My only complaint would be the number of conjured orbs. Their chakra cost should increase to the amount produced.

Orb Conjuration (2) - 1 Random
(3) - 2 Random
(4) - 3 Random
I think that would be much too expensive. The heal is really small, even 20 isn’t that much healing (it is fair for a random esp with the other effects). She isn’t creating like 2 orbs in the orb conjugation (2) skill and creating 3 in orb conjugation (3). She literally is just creating 1 every time and it’s adding together to become the total number (up to 4)! Make sense? :) The justification I have for why orb conjuration  4 can heal 15 more health than orb conjuration 1 and have the same cost is because while she uses the prep she is a sitting duck! And it’s not like she’s getting 15 more damage or something, each prep only increases her damage by 5. Yes the heal gets stronger but only up to 20 and she has 1 turn of affliction damage if she is attacked, but none of that lowers damage she receives or prevents non-damage effects from ruining her day. So if you’re gonna sit there and keep prepping over and over you really gotta get lucky or protect her using other characters because she is wide open for attack by playing that way. Increasing the cost of the later orb conjuration skills really inhibits her, since she is already a character that has to use 4 different prep skills to reach her maximum strength and I believe that’s inhibiting enough.

That’s my long-winded rebuttal to the issue you pointed out to me. I hope that I didn’t come across as rude, defensive, or like I am not open to hearing you out. Every part of this character was put in with a purpose and I really thought about why each skill works the way it does, so my long rebuttal is my attempt and explaining to you why she was designed that way. I would be open to increasing the costs, but that would mean I would have to increase the heal and it would ruin the perfect +5 progression that each of her skills gains when she preps, and that would be grounds for me to make an even bigger rework that tried to emulate the same type of skill progression (which might be impossible with bigger healing numbers, they would feel out of place, and so I would have to rework the design as a whole just to try to get every skill feeling like it belongs and makes sense in a beautiful and harmonious way). Now maybe I’m crazy, or just over-thinking it, but that’s how my brain works and I don’t know why it does—I just gotta live with it haha

I’m so happy you liked this character though and thank you so much for your feedback!!
Simple and sweet. I like this Pakura a lot!

I think her AoE shouldnt heal anymore since she doesnt create more orbs, just to be consistent. Also maybe make her 1st prep cost free. I dont think it's a good idea to have this cost 1 random since it would take her 4 random to complete prep which is too slow.

This is just the right kind of threat as well as a clear weakness. Personal suggestion would be removing invul with another offensive skill maybe. She heals already and discourages anyone to hit her so she will most likely die later on (which is great for her kit). This is already good replacement for her invul imo. Another offensive skill would make her less boring.

Great work on this though! Good concept and flow. Good balance too.
(December 14, 2020. 12:29)Laphy
I think her AoE shouldnt heal anymore since she doesnt create more orbs, just to be consistent.
I just wanted to reply to this comment because I had to think about this too when I designed the skill. I think it’s consistent, now let me tell you why. She may not create another orb, but she literally fuses all 4 orbs she has created into a giant super orb, hence the giant super heal and the giant super AOE. See!! It’s consistent. If I want to get even more detailed, she creates the giant super orb then raises it above her head, almost basking in its energy before dispersing the force of its condensed energy and heat outwards in a pretty damn far radius. So the first part (raising it and basking in its aura is the heal, then the dispersal of the energy is the AOE). It’s consistent with the preps in effect, but also an offensive skill. It’s a reward—so to speak—for being able to prep 4 times.

Your other feedback has been heard, will be considered, and I will think about what I could possibly do to address some of the things you brought up. I am totally willing to make the first prep have no cost.

Glad you liked it! Thank you for the feedback!

Dexteris .
Admins online: 0 - Global moderators online: 0 - Moderators online: 0 - Members online: 1 - Guests: 51