Topic: Shikamaru (S)

Members viewing this topic: 1 guests

Shikamaru is my favorite character from Naruto. Thought I'd make him first. I know the facepic could be better but it is what it is. This is my first custom character in a while and I'm average at the game so what do I really know about making them. Anyways, rate and cnc.

Original

***Updated/Edited as of 1/6/2021. Credit to Kito for the facepic.***

[Image: 1DzdDRG.png]
Nice concept with "Meditate" although I think his Improved Shadow Imitation would be hella annoying  :xd: good job tho!
[Image: W450lqD.png]
(January 05, 2021. 11:08)Treston
Nice concept with "Meditate" although I think his Improved Shadow Imitation would be hella annoying  :xd: good job tho!

Yeah when i thought of it, Deva Path with his shinra tensei immediately came to mind lol. & thanks!
Face Pic needs work with cropping. But im not taking this into account in my rating.

That Meditate is quite interesting as it affects the whole enemy team, which makes sense rather than just one enemy. However, the effects of the skill only benefit him. As the strategist of the team, I would prefer if his allies can also take advantage of this information/advantage he gets from this.

Imitation is also interesting. AoE stun, to reduce damage, to CD increase. However, I dont see how this helps his kit though. Would love to see this skill interact with his other shadow skills, like improving his hold on on them or something. Would be good.

Ally Attack is kinda weird here. Personally, I see this as an innate effect of his Imitation instead of a standalone actually. Also, I was kinda hoping this would benefit himself too. Since he has no Physical skills, he wont be able to take advantage of this.

Overall, I think the change in Meditate is kinda cool but the whole kit kinda lacks flow. The skills interact with each other but also separate in a way. His skills dont synergize well with his other skills from how I see it. Would love it more if he can support himself first before he supports his allies and bring out the master tactician in him.
(January 05, 2021. 11:38)Laphy
Face Pic needs work with cropping. But im not taking this into account in my rating.

That Meditate is quite interesting as it affects the whole enemy team, which makes sense rather than just one enemy. However, the effects of the skill only benefit him. As the strategist of the team, I would prefer if his allies can also take advantage of this information/advantage he gets from this.

Imitation is also interesting. AoE stun, to reduce damage, to CD increase. However, I dont see how this helps his kit though. Would love to see this skill interact with his other shadow skills, like improving his hold on on them or something. Would be good.

Ally Attack is kinda weird here. Personally, I see this as an innate effect of his Imitation instead of a standalone actually. Also, I was kinda hoping this would benefit himself too. Since he has no Physical skills, he wont be able to take advantage of this.

Overall, I think the change in Meditate is kinda cool but the whole kit kinda lacks flow. The skills interact with each other but also separate in a way. His skills dont synergize well with his other skills from how I see it. Would love it more if he can support himself first before he supports his allies and bring out the master tactician in him.
Thanks for the critique!

I thought of his 'Meditate' skill as a solo-ability so I figured it wouldn't make sense for it to affect the whole team. In most of his battles in the anime I've seen him more as a support character rather than an individual tank. And now that I think more about it, in the anime he'd communicate his strategy with his team, so yeah your point does make sense. 

Originally I made his Shadow Sewing deal 40 dmg but figured he wouldn't be balanced and kept it as the original 35. 

The main focus of "Shadow Imitate" was to decrease the enemy team's capabilities and not as to benefit him himself. I really kept balance into mind, so if his other skills increased his damage or prolonged stuns, he'd be OP imo. All his skills basically have a stun effect so it wouldn't make sense to extend stuns and I've never really seen an attack do 40+ dmg and have the ability to stun as well.

As for 'Ally Attack' I really stuck to the script of the anime where he held onto Hidan and Asuma attacked with a decapitating attack. The purpose was to enable a 'stacked attack' similar to Young Nagato's stun; but rather than stunning they'd receive 10 extra dmg from physical skills. I was thinking a combo where he'd use 'Ally Attack' and Chouji would follow up with his Partial Size attack. 

I appreciate your thoughts on him and will continue to improve on my characters based on your criticisms. Thanks!
Here bud, here's a few different face picture options you can choose from if you'd like to use a more 'standard-looking' FP.
[Image: 23_75x75.jpg][Image: 49_75x75.jpg][Image: 48_75x75.jpg][Image: 46_75x75.jpg][Image: 23_75x75.jpg]
Click below to see my character/picture collections!
[Image: narutopics.png][Image: halfsdize.png][Image: OPm_pics2.png][Image: tgpics.png]
(January 06, 2021. 12:01)Kito
Here bud, here's a few different face picture options you can choose from if you'd like to use a more 'standard-looking' FP.
[Image: 23_75x75.jpg][Image: 49_75x75.jpg][Image: 48_75x75.jpg][Image: 46_75x75.jpg]

Wow nice thanks
(January 06, 2021. 12:03)Ainz
Wow nice thanks

you're welcome, I added one more
 [Image: 23_75x75.jpg]
That facepic really isn't appealing huh  :smirk:

Edit- I updated the Shikamaru. Basically all I did was change the facepic, make his Shadow Sewing deal Physical damage instead of Chakra, and I clarified 'Ally Attack'. I don't think Meditate should be altered in any way seeing how it only costs one random. Any more, then he'd be broken with too much chakra usage for his skills.
I like the concept actually still think meditate is a bit OP

and ally attack isn't that Asuma ? XD
[Image: signature.gif?width=285&height=175&fit=bounds&crop=fill]
(January 07, 2021. 03:18)CptKenpachi
I like the concept actually still think meditate is a bit OP

and ally attack isn't that Asuma ? XD

Lol the point of the picture was to show that it’s Shikamaru’s actual ally doing an attack but I see your point haha
(January 07, 2021. 04:07)Ainz
Lol the point of the picture was to show that it’s Shikamaru’s actual ally doing an attack but I see your point haha

You could always make 'Ally Attack' one of these skills maybe? 
[Image: 2.jpg][Image: 47_75x75.jpg]
Just an idea buddy!
(January 07, 2021. 04:11)Kito
You could always make 'Ally Attack' one of these skills maybe? 
[Image: 2.jpg][Image: 47_75x75.jpg]
Just an idea buddy!

That blade with the paper bomb is actually a good idea thanks bud !

ahmedsand .
Admins online: 0 - Global moderators online: 0 - Moderators online: 0 - Members online: 1 - Guests: 120